With 3 days to go to the Philly Marathon, it is time to meet this newcomer! Heather will take on her first marathon this Sunday. Heather didn’t let the transition of getting a full time job and working through the nights stop her from running towards her goal. She is ready in more ways than one!!! You got this Heather!!!
What inspired you to be part of this program and take on a marathon?
- I love the feeling of achieving something I’ve worked really hard for. I knew this would be a challenge for me because I’m a relatively new runner, and I knew if I followed this training program it would be something I could achieve.
- Biggest struggle throughout this training season? The biggest struggle has been my schedule. I work nights so by the time I woke up it would be the hottest part of the day. I would have to chose between sacrificing sleep or miles.
- What helps get out the door for your long run? My mom has been amazing. She’s not running the marathon but she has been my training partner just to help me.
- What are you most proud of to date? I’m proud of how far I have come. I used to not be able to run a full lap around the track and now I can say I can run 20 miles.
- Mantra going in to the marathon? This is for me. I’m not doing this for anyone else. I’m not comparing myself to anyone else. I don’t care if I’m the last person across the finish line, as long as I cross it.
- One word to describe the feeling when done with a long run? It’s emotional and I can’t explain why. It’s an overwhelming feeling of accomplishment, pain, and joy.